Let’s face it, there are too many demands on our time nowadays and I have been less than fastidious in maintaining my web site. Having lain dormant for far too long I got a message through the ether that it was going to cease to work if i did not update the PHP settings (whatever that means).
So after some excellent support from my web hosts (Fasthosts) I managed to update that part of the site.
But, as I should have expected, that was only the beginning and then began the mysterious messages leading to more technofaffing (the proper technical term) to bring the web site back to life. The biggest issue was that my existing theme was no longer supported by the new PHP version.
Fast forward a few hours and those issues are beginning to be resolved so hopefully the website will begin to live again. Keep watching.